With a giant sugar cookie “crust,” a layer of whipped cream cheese frosting, and colorful fresh fruit for toppings, this Fruit Cookie Pizza is a fun and irresistible dessert.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Fruit Cookie Pizza.
Info for Easy Fruit Cookie Pizza
- Cook Time: 41 min
- Total Time: 41 min
- Servings: 16
- Calories: 227.18 kcal
Ingredients for Easy Fruit Cookie Pizza
- ½ cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 ½ cups (185g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1oz. (2 Tbs.) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (90g) powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups assorted fruit, for decorating
- 2 Tbs. apricot jam
- 1 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place softened butter and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed until pale and fluffy, for 1 minute.
- Add the egg, sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 30 seconds to one minute.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to bowl. Mix on low speed for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients and form a smooth dough.
- Transfer dough to center of the baking sheet. Dust hands with flour and pat dough into a disc approximately 1/2-inch thick and 8 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookie on middle rack of oven until edges are golden brown and the center is puffy and matte, 19-21 minutes.
- Check to see that cookie is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed. Allow cookie to cool completely before frosting and decorating.
- While the cookie cools, make the frosting. Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, mix the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and a small pinch of salt and mix on low until combined and no lumps remain. Add vanilla extract and heavy cream. Mix on medium-high speed until frosting is light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Refrigerate frosting until just prior to serving.
- Shortly before serving, slice the assorted fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove frosting from refrigerator and spread it over the center of the cookie, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange sliced fruit on top of frosting.
- Combine the apricot jam and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the jam on high until it thins to a syrupy consistency, 30-40 seconds.
- Brush a thin layer of the apricot jam glaze over the fruit with a pastry brush.
- Slice and serve the fruit cookie pizza immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 days.