A coating of olive oil instead of butter is all it takes to make this perfectly roasted chicken Whole30 approved.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Whole30 Roasted Chicken.
1. Info for Easy Whole30 Roasted Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 570 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Whole30 Roasted Chicken
- 5 cloves garlic
- whole roasting chicken
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ yellow onion
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil, and position a roasting rack in the pan.
- Remove and discard the giblets from the cavity of the chicken.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the side of a knife and discard the papery skins. Rub one garlic clove over the entire surface of the chicken. Place all of the garlic in the cavity of the chicken.
- Liberally season the chicken both inside and out with salt and black pepper.
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken and under the breast skin.
- Place the chicken on the roasting rack breast side up. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine, and tuck the wing tips beneath the body of the chicken.
- Separate the onion into two parts and place into the cavity of the chicken, along with the parsley, thyme, and lemon half.
- Roast the chicken on middle rack of oven until the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, 80-90 minutes.
- Check to see that chicken is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes, then carve as desired.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.