Following a low-carb diet, or just love avocados and need something new for breakfast? Try this fun and healthy idea.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Eggs Baked in Avocado.
1. Info for Eggs Baked in Avocado
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 238.68 kcal
2. Ingredients for Eggs Baked in Avocado
- 2 avocados (extra-large)
- Black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the avocados in half and discard the pits. Use a spoon to scoop out a portion of the flesh from the center of each half, leaving a 1/2-inch border of flesh in the skin. Reserve the scooped-out avocado flesh for another use.
- Arrange the avocado halves cut side up in a square baking dish. Sprinkle the cavities with salt and black pepper. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each half and season with additional salt and black pepper.
- Bake the eggs on middle rack of oven until the whites are set, 15-20 minutes.
- Check to see that eggs are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately.