Healthy, dairy-free oat milk is a cinch to make at home using a few pantry ingredients and a blender. This extra-creamy version not only tastes better than anything purchased in a carton, it’s much less expensive.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Extra-Creamy Oat Milk.
1. Info for Extra-Creamy Oat Milk
- Cook Time: 2 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 2 hr 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 142.9 kcal
2. Ingredients for Extra-Creamy Oat Milk
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 qt. cold water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for blending)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional, for taste)
- Place the oats in a large bowl and add enough cold water to cover. Let soak at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Drain the oats through a fine-mesh strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Put the oats in a blender. Add the cold water, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt.
- Secure the lid tightly on the blender and process on high until the mixture is entirely liquid, about 1 minute. Some very fine oat residue may be visible, but no large flakes of oats should remain.
- Loosely set a piece of cheesecloth over a large wide-mouthed jar and secure with a rubber band. Strain the oat milk through the cheesecloth into the jar, squeezing the residual liquid from the oat solids. Taste and add additional maple syrup if desired.
- Secure a lid on the jar and refrigerate oat milk until cold before serving, at least 2 hours. Oat milk will stay fresh in the refrigerator 4-5 days.