Extra-cheesy vegetarian baked spaghetti is easy, filling, and fit for a crowd!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Four-Cheese Baked Spaghetti.
1. Info for Four-Cheese Baked Spaghetti
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 575.36 kcal
2. Ingredients for Four-Cheese Baked Spaghetti
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 16 oz. low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (divided, plus more for pasta water)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella (sliced 1/8-inch thick)
- 6 oz. provolone cheese (or 6 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the spaghetti to the water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 9-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare the cheese mixture.
- Place the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula to thoroughly combine.
- Return the drained spaghetti to the pot. Add the marinara sauce and remaining Parmesan, and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles.
- Transfer the about 1/3 of the sauced pasta to the prepared baking dish. Drop half the ricotta mixture by spoonfuls over the spaghetti, and gently spread it into an even layer. Layer about 1/3 of the mozzarella and provolone cheeses over the ricotta. Repeat with another 1/3 of the noodles, the remaining ricotta, and another 1/3 each of the mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Top with the last 1/3 of noodles. Layer the remaining mozzarella and provolone cheese in an even layer over the top of the dish.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the spaghetti on middle rack of oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese on top is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Check to see that pasta is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the spaghetti to rest for 20 minutes before serving.