You won’t believe the easy trick to roasting a super moist turkey in a minimal amount of time until you try it!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Super Moist Turkey.
1. Info for Super Moist Turkey
- Cook Time: 4 Hr 0 Min
- Total Time: 4 Hr 0 Min
- Servings: 9
- Calories: 998.87 kcal
2. Ingredients for Super Moist Turkey
- 1 whole turkey (11-14 lb., giblets removed, patted dry)
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- Black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter (softened)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 head of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 onion
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it.
- Liberally season the turkey with the salt and black pepper, taking care to season the outside as well as the internal cavity. Set the turkey breast side up onto the roasting rack and tuck the wing tips underneath the body.
- With clean hands, rub the butter all over the surface of the turkey, and under the breast skin.
- Place the remaining butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the butter on high until melted, 30-40 seconds.
- Smash the garlic cloves with the back of a knife and discard the papery skins. Cut the lemon in half.
- Place the garlic, onion, lemon, and herbs in the cavity of the turkey. Pour enough chicken broth into the roasting pan for it to rise 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Cut a large piece of cheesecloth, at least 14×18 inches, and submerge it in the melted butter, turning to ensure the entire cloth is moistened. Drape the soaked cheesecloth over the turkey like a blanket, leaving no part exposed. Pour any excess melted butter over the turkey.
- Carefully transfer the roasting pan to the oven.
- Roast the turkey on lowest rack of oven until the thickest part of the breast or leg reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, 2-3 hours, depending on its weight. Rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. (Pro tip: Roast turkey for roughly 15 minutes per pound. Avoid placing thermometer too close to bone, which heats differently than meat, and can yield inaccurate temperature readings. To ensure this turkey comes out with a crispy skin, preview the next step.)
- In the last 15-20 minutes of cooking, remove the cheesecloth and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Continue roasting until the thickest part of the breast or leg has reached the proper temperature, and the skin is browned and crispy.
- Check to see that turkey is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the turkey to rest on the roasting rack for 30 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board. Carve as desired, and serve.