Having a tray of these potent little flavor bombs in your freezer means you can add a pop of summer herb flavor to any dish, any time of year. Make “single variety” nuggets or some fun blends, and be sure to label them so you won’t be surprised!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs.
1. Info for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs
- Cook Time: 3 hr 40 min
- Total Time: 3 hr 40 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 324.74 kcal
2. Ingredients for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs
- 4 cups fresh herbs (leaves and tender stems, loosely packed, such as basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, dill, and tarragon)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop the herbs a couple of times. Pile into a blender.
- Pulse the herbs several times until they’re more finely chopped. Continue to pulse while pouring in the oil until the mixture forms a slightly coarse puree, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the herb puree into the compartments of a silicone ice cube tray. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Transfer to the freezer and freeze until solid, 3 1/2 hours minimum.
- Pop out a cube and add to soups, pasta sauces, stews, cooked rice or other grains, or cooked beans. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.