Having a tray of these potent little flavor bombs in your freezer means you can add a pop of summer herb flavor to any dish, any time of year. Make single-variety nuggets or some fun blends, and be sure to label them so you won’t be surprised!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs.
1. Info for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs
- Cook Time: 3 hr 40 min
- Total Time: 3 hr 40 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 324.74 kcal
2. Ingredients for Frozen Fresh Herb Flavor Bombs
- 4 cups fresh herbs (leaves and tender stems, loosely packed, such as basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, dill, and tarragon)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop the herbs a couple of times. Pile into a blender.
- Pulse the herbs several times until they’re more finely chopped. Continue to pulse while pouring in the oil until the mixture forms a slightly coarse puree, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the herb puree into the compartments of a silicone ice cube tray. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Transfer to the freezer and freeze until solid, 3 1/2 hours minimum.
- Pop out a cube and add to soups, pasta sauces, stews, cooked rice or other grains, or cooked beans. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.