Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Honey Cupcakes.
1. Info for Honey Cupcakes
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 364.57 kcal
2. Ingredients for Honey Cupcakes
- 4 tbsp honey (4 Tbsp. = 60 mL, warmed)
- 100 g pistachios
- 12 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 oz unsalted butter, (6 oz = 1 1/2 sticks, softened)
- 180 g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (1/2 tsp. = 18 mL)
- 2 tbsp honey (2 Tbsp. = 30 mL)
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 4 oz milk (4 oz = 177 mL)
- 3 tbsp sour cream (3 Tbsp. = 45 mL)
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 8 g baking powder
- 2 tsp lavender (2 tsp. = 3.6 g, chopped, dried, unsprayed)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (176ºC). Grease and flour a mini muffin tin.
- Attach Sifter Attachment to KA Stand Mixer (with Paddle Attachment), and press “Tare” to zero scale.
- Add granulated sugar to ingredient hopper and weigh. Turn Stand Mixer to speed 4 and sift sugar into bowl.
- While sugar is sifting in, add the butter, vanilla and honey and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk and sour cream. Add this to the butter mixture and stir on stir speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the ingredient hopper to weigh, pressing “Tare” between each ingredient. Give the ingredients in hopper a stir to mix together. Turn Stand Mixer to “stir” and sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. While sifting, add lavender and stir until just combined. 1 minute tops.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Carefully remove the cake from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the pistachios. Stir together honey and pistachios, tossing to coat well. Spread pistachios in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan and sprinkle with sugar and salt. Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, then stir and bake 5 minutes more.
- Transfer while still warm to a sheet of parchment paper or foil and, working quickly, separate pecans with a fork. Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove nuts from parchment, breaking up any large pieces.
- Top cakes with a drizzle of honey and candied pistachios.