Great with leftover pork roast instead of stir-frying pork strips. Make sure if younger cooks are helping to have an adult use the broiler.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Italian Pork Melts.
1. Info for Italian Pork Melts
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Italian Pork Melts
- 1 pound boneless pork roast, sliced into stir-fry strips*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, non-fat
- 4 6-inch submarine rolls, split
- 2/3 cup pesto
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, drained and halved
- 4 1-oz slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork strips to pan and brown nicely, stir-frying, remove from heat.
- While pork cooks, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of rolls; spread pesto on top half of rolls. Broil briefly just to lightly brown. Divide pork strips onto four roll halves, top with pepper pieces and a slice of cheese. Broil just until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining half of rolls.