Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Lemon Mousse.
1. Info for Lemon Mousse
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 7
- Calories: 377.47 kcal
2. Ingredients for Lemon Mousse
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- In order, combine milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt in the blender jar. Secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to Max. Blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Fill medium bowl with ice cubes and water; have small heatproof bowl ready. Transfer milk mixture to small saucepan, place over medium heat and whisk continuously until thickened to pudding consistency, 4-5 minutes. Transfer curd to small bowl and nest bowl in ice bath. Cover mixture with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto surface. Set aside until very cold, about 30 minutes.
- Rinse and dry blender jar and return to blender base. Add cream to blender jar. Secure lid and turn dial to Speed 1. Slowly increase speed to medium (Speed 5 or 6). Blend until cream is whipped and voluminous, 10-20 seconds.
- Add lemon curd to whipped cream in blender jar and stir with the tamper to break up thick curd slightly. Pulse 4-6 times on low until curd and cream are evenly blended. Do not overblend or mousse will be too thin.
- Divide evenly among 6-8 small serving bowls or custard cups. Serve right away, or cover and chill in refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving. Mousse will keep for up to 1 day.
- VARIATION: Ginger: Add 1 teaspoon grated, peeled fresh ginger to blender with egg yolks. Proceed as directed.
- VARIATION: Lavender: Add ½ teaspoon dried edible lavender blossoms to blender with egg yolks. Proceed as directed
- VARIATION: Basil: Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil to blender with cream. Proceed as directed.