Pork shoulder is cooked low and slow in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Serve over cooked couscous and with a large spinach salad.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Moroccan-Style Pork Shoulder Roast.
1. Info for Moroccan-Style Pork Shoulder Roast
- Cook Time: 2 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Moroccan-Style Pork Shoulder Roast
- 4-5 pound boneless blade pork roast
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 ounces baby sweet peppers, OR coarsely chopped and seeded sweet bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dried fruit mix, with apricots, plums and raisins
- 1 15-oz can coconut milk, lite
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooked couscous, optional
- Trim visible fat from roast. Drizzle roast with soy sauce and rub all sides with curry. Brown roast in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients around the roast, cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until roast and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Return pan with sauce to stove top and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Coarsely shred meat and serve with sweet potatoes and peppers and sauce. Serve over cooked couscous, if desired.