Chef Cindy Pawlcyn of Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen and the author of Mustard’s Grill Napa Valley Cookbook creates an inspired grilled roast. The roasted red pepper vinaigrette gives color as well as flavor and texture to this Latin roast.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spanish-Inspired Grilled Pork Roast.
1. Info for Spanish-Inspired Grilled Pork Roast
- Cook Time: 1 Hr 15 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Spanish-Inspired Grilled Pork Roast
- 2 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried chipotle chile, crushed
- 1/2 cup sweet sherry, (cream sherry OR other oloroso sherry)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 7-oz jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Place roast in large self-sealing bag. In small bowl, whisk together remaining roast ingredients (paprika, dried chipotle chile,
1/2 cup sweet sherry, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper), pour over pork. Seal bag and toss gently. Refrigerate 8-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare a medium to medium-low, banked fire in covered kettle-style grill (for gas grill, heat only one side). Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill pork over indirect heat, basting occasionally with reserved marinade, 40-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound) until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette
Slice drained roasted red peppers 1/4-inch thick; toss with shallots in medium bowl. In small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbs vinegar, 2 Tbs sherry, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; drizzle over peppers, toss, add parsley and toss gently. Set aside.