Add Asian-style slaw with shredded Napa cabbage and carrots, sliced scallions and teriyaki salad dressing for a unique flavor.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Pineapple and Sriracha.
1. Info for Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Pineapple and Sriracha
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Pineapple and Sriracha
- 8 ounces smoked Spanish chorizo, links with the casings removed
- 1 pound 96% lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs, dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 fresh pineapple rings, cut about 1/2-inch thick
- 6 hamburger buns, preferably sweet Hawaiian style, split
- Fresh cilantro leaves, as garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- To make aïoli: Mix mayonnaise, garlic and Sriracha sauce together in small bowl. Set aside. Extra aioli can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To make burgers: Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife. Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, scallions, red pepper, garlic and salt.Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
- Lightly oil grill grate.Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes. Turn burgers, and add pineapple to grill.Finish cooking burger until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F. on a digital meat thermometer (about 4 to 5 minutes more), turning once or twice, until hot and seared on both sides. Grill pineapple rings until browned on each side. Remove from grill.
- Toast buns on grill, about 1 minute. Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons aïoli, 1 pineapple ring, and cilantro leaves to taste. Serve immediately.