Fresh ground pork is unseasoned and a great substitution for other ground meats in your favorite recipes.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Pork And Scallion Pot Stickers.
1. Info for Pork And Scallion Pot Stickers
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Pork And Scallion Pot Stickers
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Pork
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, Less-Sodium
- 2 Scallions, White And Green Parts, Finely Chopped (About 6 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, Peeled And Minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- One 12-To 14-Ounce Package Asian Dumpling Wrappers, (About 5 Dozen Wrappers)*
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, As Needed
- For the dipping sauce, mix 1/2 cup soy sauce with 1 tablespoon scallions, 1 tablespoon ginger and 1 minced garlic clove in a small bowl; set aside.
- For the filling, mix ground pork with remaining scallions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger and the rest of the minced garlic in a medium bowl.
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. For each dumpling, place a teaspoon of filling on the bottom half of a dumpling wrapper. Moisten the bottom edge of the wrapper with water, fold in half, and press the open edges closed. Stand the pot stickers, with the closed edges up, on baking sheet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. In batches, place pot stickers in the skillet, flat “bottoms” down. Cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 1 minute. Carefully pour in about 1 cup water (it will boil up) and tightly cover. Boil for 3 minutes. Uncover and cook until water has evaporated and pot stickers are sizzling, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a heatproof serving platter and keep pot stickers warm in a preheated 200 degree F. oven, loosely covered with aluminum foil, while cooking remaining pot stickers. Wipe out the skillet between batches.
- Pour dipping sauce into ramekins. Serve pot stickers with the sauce.
- You can find dumpling wrappers in the ethnic or Asian section of most major supermarkets. There will be about 60 wrappers in the package.