A traditional portuguese dish with a twist. Traditionally made with pork, this recipe calls for octopus instead for a fun seafood dish you can make for lunch or dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Portuguese Octopus.
1. Info for Portuguese Octopus
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 293.42 kcal
2. Ingredients for Portuguese Octopus
- 750 grams pre-fried potatoes, in cubes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jar pickles, or to taste
- 500 grams boiled octopus, chopped
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Fry the potato cubes in a skillet in very hot frying oil. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil, and add chopped onions and garlic cloves. Bring to a simmer. When everything is well browned, add the chopped pickles, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the octopus, sprinkle with a little more olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt.
- Mix, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the fries on a serving platter, and place the octopus on top. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and olives.