A traditional Portuguese dish to bring to your dinner table. Marinated pork, potatoes, and vegetables combine to create a hearty stew that can be eaten alone or with a side of rice.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Portuguese Pork.
1. Info for Portuguese Pork
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 779.17 kcal
2. Ingredients for Portuguese Pork
- 700 grams pork, stew meat
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 glass white wine
- 5 to 6 potatoes, small cubes
- 1/2 jar pickles
- Black olives
- Chopped parsley
- Remove any excess fat from the pork.
- In a bowl, add the meat, chopped garlic, bay leaf, salt, paprika, garlic paste, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and sprinkle with white wine. Mix well, and marinate the meat for at least 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into small cubes. Wash, and let drain.
- In a large saucepan, on medium heat, cook the meat with the marinade for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, a little salt, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Cut the pickles into small pieces, and drain the olives.
- After 25 minutes, check if the potatoes are done. If the meat is too dry, add a little white wine, and olive oil, and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, until well browned.
- Serve meat and potatoes on individual plates, and cover with pickles, olives, and parsley.