Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Potato Cream Soup.
1. Info for Potato Cream Soup
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 258.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Potato Cream Soup
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 3 cups yellow potatoes (3 medium, peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews)
- Finely chopped chives (to serve)
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the oil and sauté the onions, celery, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower, broth, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the potato and cauliflower are just tender. Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat (to reduce the starch build-up) and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the cream or cashews, and allow to cool for a few more minutes.
- Pour the soup into your KitchenAid® blender in batches and puree on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, season to taste, and warm it over medium-low heat.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and serve with crusty bread.