A quick pastry recipe that will add a fruity flaky crunch to your afternoon coffee or tea. Make your own puff pastry of buy it premade. Use your favorite flavor of jam for the filling or make a homemade jam with berries or fruit from your garden, the choice is yours.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Puff Pastries with Jelly and Almonds.
1. Info for Puff Pastries with Jelly and Almonds
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 89.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Puff Pastries with Jelly and Almonds
- Puff pastry, rectangular
- Plum jelly or other preferred flavor, to taste
- 1 handful flaked almonds
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry and spread the jelly across the top.
- Sprinkle it with almonds.
- Roll the dough with the jelly side in and cut it into slices 2 cm. thick using a serrated knife.
- Lay the slices sideways on the tray and spread and dripping jelly over the top so that it does not stay on the tray. They should look a bit like roses.
- Bake until they are golden brown.
- Remove them and let them cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when they are still warm.