With spiced ground chicken, hearty black beans, and tons of toppings, these homemade nachos are sure to make your mouth water!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Restaurant-Style Loaded Chicken Nachos.
1. Info for Restaurant-Style Loaded Chicken Nachos
- Cook Time: 21 min
- Total Time: 21 min
- Servings: 7
- Calories: 987 kcal
2. Ingredients for Restaurant-Style Loaded Chicken Nachos
- 1lb. ground chicken
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper
- 1 (15oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16oz.) bag corn tortilla chips
- 1lb. (4 cups) shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 small jalapeño
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbs. sliced black olives
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chicken. Cook, breaking up the chicken as it cooks, for 5-6 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper, and stir to evenly distribute. Add the black beans to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in an even layer on the baking sheet. Cover the chips with the chicken and black bean mixture, leaving a 1-inch border of chips exposed. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the chicken and black beans.
- Bake the nachos on middle rack of oven until the cheese is fully melted, 9-11 minutes. While the nachos bake, prepare the toppings.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Dice the red onion.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeño and finely mince.
- Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Peel the avocado, remove the pit, and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Scoop the cubes out of the skin with a spoon.
- Check to see that nachos are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Top nachos with the diced tomato, red onion, jalapeño, black olives, avocado, and cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the toppings. Drop generous teaspoons of sour cream evenly over the nachos. Serve immediately.