A stuffing of buttery Ritz cracker crumbs and a topping of melted cheese make these mushrooms totally addicting.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Rich and Crispy Cracker-Stuffed Mushrooms.
1. Info for Rich and Crispy Cracker-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cook Time: 31 min
- Total Time: 31 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 81.27 kcal
2. Ingredients for Rich and Crispy Cracker-Stuffed Mushrooms
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 dozen large cremini mushrooms
- 4oz. (36 crackers) Ritz crackers
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter
- 1 egg white
- 2oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Italian cheese blend”
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a square baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard, or save for another use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the crackers in a large zip-top bag. Using a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy glass, crush into coarse crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until melted, 30-40 seconds.
- Pour the butter over the cracker crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg white and cheese to the bowl. Mix until the stuffing holds together when pinched.
- With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Use enough so that the mushrooms are tightly packed and domed with stuffing.
- Bake the mushrooms on middle rack of oven until stuffing is nicely browned, 22-24 minutes.
- Check to see that mushrooms are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.