Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Salmon Burgers with Mango Avocado Salsa.
1. Info for Salmon Burgers with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 337.52 kcal
2. Ingredients for Salmon Burgers with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup peeled and cubed mango
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 pound salmon, skin removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (or Dijon mustard)
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toasted buns or lettuce cups
- Attach KitchenAid® Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid®Stand Mixer. Position a medium bowl under attachment. Turn to Speed 4 and grind 1 cup peeled and cubed mango and 1 jalapeno. Gently stir in remaining salsa ingredients (1 peeled and diced avocado, 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp sea salt. juice of 1 lime). Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made 2 hours ahead.
- Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze 20 minutes. Attach clean food grinder to stand mixer with coarse grinding plate. Position mixer bowl under grinder, turn to speed 4 and grind salmon. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, 1 egg, 1 Tbs horseradish or Dijon mustard, 3 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Using a 1/2-cup measure, shape into 4 (1/2-inch thick) patties. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and chill 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Cook salmon burgers in batches, 3 to 4 minutes per side until cooked through, adding remaining oil as needed. Serve immediately on toasted buns or in lettuce cups with mango avocado salsa.