Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Karmel and adapted from Taming the Flame: Secrets to Hot-and-Quick Grilling and Low-and-Slow BBQ, John Wiley & Sons, April 2005
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Smoky Pork Tenderloin Tacos.
1. Info for Smoky Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
2. Ingredients for Smoky Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 2 pork tenderloins, (12-16 ounces each), all surface moisture removed
- kosher salt
- Fresh corn tortillas
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- Favorite salsa
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican chili powder, OR any other
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder, if available, or 1 additional tablespoon of New Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoky paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshy ground
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine chili powders, paprika, peppers and sugar. For a spicier dish, generously sprinkle meat with rub mixture. For a milder dish, sparingly sprinkle the meat with the rub. Lightly pat rub into the meat. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Season with salt just before cooking.
- Place meat on the cooking grate over medium-high heat. Sear the meat on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. After searing, turn off a burner to set up grill for indirect cooking and move the tenderloins to indirect heat. Cook for 20-27 more minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the pork registers 145 degrees F. Remove from grill.
- Let meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes after taking it off the grill. Slice tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices and serve with warm corn tortillas, cilantro, salsa and sliced avocados.”