Pound cake is made extra rich by the addition of sour cream. This may be your next go-to dessert!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sour Cream Pound Cake.
Info for Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 460.23 kcal
Ingredients for Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream ingredients together on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add 2 of the eggs, beat for 20-30 seconds until mostly combined, then add the remaining egg and the sour cream, continuing to beat until mixture is smooth.
- With a sifter or mesh sieve, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the butter mixture. Beat on low until it becomes a smooth, thick batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the pound cake on middle rack of oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-75 minutes.
- Check to see that cake is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. To release, run a knife between the cake and pan. Turn onto a large plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.