This is fun for kids to fix—and eat! Pork is the meat of choice in Mexican dishes, so lean ground pork is perfect for this savory filling that’s perfect as a tostado-topper, a taco-filler or as a filling for enchiladas.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Tostados with Pork.
1. Info for Tostados with Pork
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Tostados with Pork
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, hot or mild
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 4 crisp corn tortillas, tostado style
- 2-4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2-4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, OR Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additional salsa
- In large skillet, brown ground pork with onion. Stir in salsa and chili powder; cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes. Stir in olives.
- For each tostado place a tortilla on a plate. Top with layer of lettuce, then hot pork mixture (about 2/3 cup). Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Garnish with tomato wedges and dollop of sour cream. Serve with additional salsa.