This dish delivers a hot, spicy, sour taste. Discover one of the mainstays of Japanese culture – no raw fish included. Serve this 100% vegetarian dish as the main course at your next party and watch your guests enjoy this healthy dish. The orange and white on green make an attractive addition to the table, especially when combined with red or brown chopsticks.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Vegetable Sushi.
1. Info for Vegetable Sushi
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 58.86 kcal
2. Ingredients for Vegetable Sushi
- 100 gr. rice
- rice wine vinegar
- 200 gr. spinach leaves
- hot sauce
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice well to remove all its starch. Place the rice in a colander and rinse repeatedly with cold water. Cook as normal and let cool 10 minutes.
- Once cool, add a splash of vinegar and a pinch of salt to taste, and set aside.
- Boil the spinach in hot water for 30 seconds. Do this in batches. Once cooked, shock the spinach in a ice bath.
- On a flat surface, lay down a section of plastic wrap and make a bed with the spinach leaves. Then, add a layer of rice with hot sauce sprinkled down the middle and 1 stick each of carrot and zucchini. Add a pinch of black pepper to taste.
- Carefully roll up the sushi using the plastic wrap to help you roll tightly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into pieces and serve.