Herby, crusty roasted cauliflower “steaks” make an easy weeknight vegetarian meal. For more substantial portions, you can double the ingredients for the cannellini bean salad to top the cauliflower.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Za’atar-Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Bean Salad.
1. Info for Za’atar-Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Bean Salad
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 232.92 kcal
2. Ingredients for Za’atar-Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Bean Salad
- 1 cauliflower head (medium-large )
- 2 tsp. ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (for cauliflower)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt (for cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (each halved)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for salad)
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Pinch of fine sea salt (for salad)
- Pinch of black pepper (for salad)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Trim the cauliflower head so it will rest on a flat surface. Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch-thick “steaks” or slices.
For the za’atar mixture, whisk together the sumac, pepper, thyme, oregano, sesame seeds, salt, and olive oil in a small bowl until well combined.
Place the cauliflower slices on the prepared sheet pan and rub them on all sides with the za’atar mixture. Bake cauliflower on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes.
Carefully flip the cauliflower steaks. Continue baking until golden brown, about 10 minutes. While the cauliflower bakes, prepare the bean salad.
Combine the cannellini beans, tomatoes, olives, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
Check to see that cauliflower is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
To serve, plate each cauliflower steak with a side of bean salad. Serve immediately.