Today’s post is about one of my favorite companies, California Lavash, where the ever wonderful Lilea works. California Lavash makes healthy, preservative free breads. Their lavash works amazingly well for pizzas, desserts, and in the case of this recipe, as a breakfast wrap. Anyway, if –like me– you’re stressed in the mornings because of the holiday season, here’s a recipe that’ll make you look like a culinary whiz without taking eons to prepare.
Fresh fruits of your choice are layered with plain yogurt, a drizzle of honey and crunchy granola, and the whole thing is wrapped in lavash bread. It’s super easy to roll out a bunch of these for all the hungry little hands in your house.
1. Info for Breakfast Wrap Sandwich Recipe
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 490kcal
2. Ingredients for Breakfast Wrap Sandwich Recipe
- 3 sheets whole wheat lavash bread, see tips
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint, optional
- ½ cup granola
- ¼ cup honey, optional
- Spread a layer of yogurt on the lavash bread sheets, stopping 1 inch before the edge (the filling will spread to the edges once the pinwheel is rolled). Spread 4 sections of different fruit: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and bananas. Drizzle with honey (if using) and add a sprinkle of mint (if using). Top with granola. Roll the bread sheets up into a tight wrap.
- Using a sharp knife, trim 1 inch from each end of the wraps. Slice the logs in half.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Bon appétit!