I apologize for a repeat this week (originally posted November 08). Too much drama with sick kids, unconscious kids, lost kids in the Superstition Mountains (I didn’t tell you about that one!) took too much time away from cooking.
This is by far our family’s favorite granola bar recipe. You can add your own extras like mini M&Ms or raisins or flax seeds or mini chocolate chips or pumpkin seeds or other dried fruit or, well you get the idea.
1. Info for Homemade Granola Bars in the Microwave
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Homemade Granola Bars in the Microwave
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup almond slices (I only had whole almonds, so I got out my trusty kitchen hammer and smashed them!)
- 1 cup wheat germ (I only had oat bran, so I used that instead)
- Combine 1st six ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Stir, then add remaining ingredients.
- Reduce power to 50% and microwave for 10 more minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Spread on a greased jelly roll pan.
- Let stand until firm.
- Cut into squares or strips or whatever shape/size you want.
- Store in a sealed container.