Fruit and yogurt parfaits are a great breakfast food or late-night snack. They’re very filling and are easy to make. You can use pretty much any fruit you have on hand. For this particular parfait, I used Kyoho grapes. The sweetness, meaty flesh and softness of the fruit contrast well with the crunchy granola. I added Concord grape jelly to repeat the same flavor and condensed milk to give the yogurt a velvety texture.
The result is a tasty, yet still healthy treat. I can’t get enough of it. We’re stilling make our own yogurt weekly, and the girls just helped me make granola last weekend, but we’re already running our of both. Our family is addicted!
1. Info for Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Recipe (Grapes and Granola Parfait)
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 125kcal
2. Ingredients for Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Recipe (Grapes and Granola Parfait)
- 3 cups homemade yogurt, or store-bought plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1-½ tablespoons grape jelly
- 1-½ cups homemade granola
- 2 cups Kyoho grapes
- Wash the grapes. Using a sharp paring knife, peel them, slice them in half and remove the seeds. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, condensed milk and grape jelly.
- I usually serve granola parfaits in clear glasses so you can still see each layer. The size of the glass depends on the appetite of the eater!
- Be organized. Line up the glasses. Spoon a few grapes into each glass. Create an even layer. Cover with yogurt. Top with granola. Create another layer with yogurt. Fill with the remaining grapes. Smooth the surface. Repeat the same layers until you reach the top of the glass. Top with a few grapes and a teaspoon of granola.
- Serve immediately.