With the long weekend and an extra week off of school, the big girls have been staing up late and lazing it up in bed until 11am-ish the last few days. I decided they weren’t spoiled enough, so I brought them breakfast in bed. Baby Aria and I prepared the parfaits mixing fresh berries, kiwi, granola and honey-flavored yogurt. Simple, sweet, healthy and filling.
If you feel the urge to make freshly baked granola at home, my friend Sarah at Nuts About Granola offers a "bake-it-yourself" granola kit (it costs only $3.99). It has been widely available in supermarkets on the East Coast and is also available online. I’m a huge fan of their product, and you’ll actually find my recipe on the back of the box! Give it a try and you’ll be as Nuts about Granola as I am.
1. Info for Granola, Berry & Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Granola, Berry & Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 3 cups honey yogurt
- 1½ cups freshly baked granola
- 2 cups fresh berries (blueberries and strawberries)
- 4 ripe kiwis
- Using a vegetable peeler or a sharp paring knife, peel the kiwis. Dice and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add strawberries (previously hulled and quartered) and blueberries. Set aside.
- In individual serving bowls, divide the yogurt among the bowls. Form a well, then cover with the freshly cut fruit. Top with freshly baked granola.
- Note: The proportions are approximate; the size of the bowl really depends on the appetite of the eater!
- Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!