479° Popcorn is my favorite snack of the moment. The packaging is fun and creative and needless to say this gourmet organic popcorn is awesome. I could finish an entire bag on my own. 479° Popcorn is a San Francisco company that features a very interesting array of flavors such as Fleur de Sel Caramel, Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt, Black Truffle, Chipotle Caramel + Almonds, Ginger Sesame Caramel, Madras Curry Coconut + Cashews, Pimenton de la Vera and Vietnamese Cinnamon Sugar. The design is so original it makes the perfect holiday gift box. One of my husband’s little sisters is obsessed with popcorn, and her birthday is coming up in a few weeks, so we’re planning on buying her weight in 479° popcorn as a present. OK, that’s a bit of an exaggeration!
I love experimenting with just about anything, so I created marshmallow treats with their Vietnamese Cinnamon Sugar-flavored popcorn. I made a yogurt parfait and incorporated the sweet treats as a substitute for granola. This recipe is flavored according to the season; I used mandarin wedges and orange and cranberry sauce. You could adapt it with what you like of course. You don’t have to create these cups for breakfast or dessert (or whenever you eat parfaits); just savoring 479° Popcorn by itself is perfectly reasonable.
Vietnamese Cinnamon Sugar flavored popcorn.
1. Info for Marshmallow Popcorn Treat Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 12
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Marshmallow Popcorn Treat Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 1 (4-ounce) package Vietnamese cinnamon sugar popcorn (see tips)
- 2-½ tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups honey low-fat yogurt (see tips)
- 2-¼ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin segments in light syrup, drained
- 1 cup orange and cranberry sauce
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon melted butter over the popcorn. Add the mini marshmallows to the saucepan with the remaining butter. Cook over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and add salt. Let cool for about 2 minutes, then add the popcorn. Using a silicone spatula, mix well.
- Fill 12 individual silicone cupcake molds (see tips) with the marshmallow sweet treats. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- I usually serve yogurt parfaits in clear cups so you can still see each layer. The size of the cups depends on the appetite of the eaters! Be organized. Line up the glasses. Spoon a few mandarin segments into each glass. Create an even layer. Cover with yogurt. Top with orange cranberry sauce. Create another layer with yogurt. Smooth the surface. Fill with the marshmallow popcorn treat.
- Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit!