This week I poured over my cookbooks looking for something healthy. I found an amazing way to make breakfast into a decadent treat without a ton of fat or calories. And, if I skip the graham crackers and use gluten free oatmeal, I can STILL eat it! Woot Woo!
My kids weren’t too sure when they saw what I was making. Oatmeal never causes them to jump up and down. However, they all gave it the thumbs up and said it was really good. I think it would taste really good with cherries or strawberries. Some might like it with bananas, too.
1. Info for Blueberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
- 2 u00bc cups nonfat skim milk
- 2 cups oatmeal (rolled or quick cooking)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 3 Tbsp honey
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- u00bc big graham cracker rectangle per serving
- Bring milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the oatmeal, wheat germ, honey, zest, blueberries and cream cheese.
- Stir well, making sure the cream cheese is melted.
- Cook and stir until the oatmeal thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into bowls and top with crumbled graham crackers.