Have you ever looked in a cupboard and had an ingredient just speak to you? Perhaps it was a bag of chocolate chips or a bottle of curry powder. Whatever it was, you just knew you had to make something with it immediately. That’s what my jar of orzo did last week.
I wanted it to star in a dish. Usually orzo co-stars in pilaf or soup or salads, but this time it took center stage. A browned butter stage. It really was a great combination with the nutty browned butter and the normally shy orzo. I served it with pork roast and maple carrots. It was a lovely meal.
1. Info for Browned Butter Orzo
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Browned Butter Orzo
- 1 pound orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp truffle oil
- 1 Tbsp dried chervil
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Watch out that you don’t burn the butter, you just want it a pretty, deep brown.
- Lower the heat and add the truffle oil, nutmeg, chervil, salt and pepper.
- Heat through and pour over the cooked, drained, but still warm orzo.
- Serve immediately.