I had never heard of a cheese crisp until my family moved to Arizona. I am still not sure if it is truly a Mexican dish, but it was served at all of the local Mexican restaurants in our town. For me, it was love at first bite. I have always been a cheese loving gal. My favorite way to eat them is with a drizzle of honey. I know that sounds weird, but try it. You’ll like it.
1. Info for Cheese Crisps: Mexican Grilled Cheese
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cheese Crisps: Mexican Grilled Cheese
- Flour tortilla(s)
- shredded cheddar
- salsa or honey
- Heat a griddle or frying pan sprayed with Pam or dotted with melted butter on medium.
- Place tortilla on hot surface and sprinkle with enough cheese to cover.
- When cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy, it’s done.
- Top with salsa or honey. It’s like an open-faced quesadilla, sort of…