One of the sandwiches pictured has deli turkey and the other is meatless. Both were beyond extraordinary. I was sad when that batch of peaches was gone. Lucky for me, one of my local grocery stores had peaches on sale yesterday for $.69/lb. I have a bunch ripening in a paper sack and at least a couple are going to find themselves next to pesto again.
1. Info for Peach and Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peach and Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- 8 slices deli turkey (optional)
- 1 ripe peach, sliced into 12 segments
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 slices bread
- Combine the cream cheese and pesto sauce in a small bowl.
- Butter the outside of all four slices of bread.
- Place the two slices, butter side down into a skillet or griddle.
- Spread the top of those slices with the cream cheese-pesto mixture.
- Top the pesto with turkey (optional), peaches and then Havarti.
- Place the remaining slices of bread, butter sides up on top of the cheese.
- Heat the sandwiches over medium heat, flipping halfway through cooking to get a nice brown on both slices of bread.
- Be careful when turning over the sandwiches as the peaches are slippery.
4. Tips and advices:
- Of course, just because I made these sandwiches gluten free does not mean that you cannot use regular bread!