Over the weekend, we received a bag of 15 or so really ripe bananas from an elderly neighbor. What better thing to do than to combine chocolate with the bananas in a muffin?Actually, I baked all morning and made 2 kinds of muffins, cookies and bread with the bananas. It was the only way to use up all of those ‘naners. I filled the freezer with most of my creations for future breakfasts and desserts. As I completed each one, I’d call out, “Who wants to be a taste-tester?” and someone in the household invariably yelled back, “ME!” My son, daughter and dad took turns being my guinea pig.
No guinea pigs were harmed in the making of this recipe (or any of the others for that matter).
1. Info for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, cocoa, oil, sugar and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees (if you have a hot oven like mine, reduce to 325 degrees).
- Cool on a wire rack