By now you all know that I am a huge chocolate lover! We have these magic brownies in Austin that I am addicted to called Miles of Chocolate. They are beyond amazing!! They are gluten-free but not necessarily healthy so I’ve been on the look out for some kind of “healthy” brownie…if there is such a thing!! I was really inspired by this recipe from Heather’s French Press which is flourless and uses avocado instead of oil. I’m sold! I love chocolate, I love brownies, I love avocado.
These brownies are not too sweet and they end up being quite dense which I like! They are super moist and fudgy just like Heather said they would be. So if you are into moist, fudgy chocolate brownies, you will love this recipe!
You can see the small bits of avocado that I didn’t quite blend into the mixture. Make sure you mix it well so you don’t get these green chunks like I did… Surprisingly, you can’t taste the avocado at all!
1. Info for Flourless Avocado Brownies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Flourless Avocado Brownies
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ripe mashed avocados
- 4 organic, free range eggs
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make a double broiler and melt your chocolate. Then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. I used my immersion blender with the whisk attachment. You could also use a standard mixer. Continue whisking and slowly add your melted chocolate.
- Next add your almond meal, raw chocolate powder, salt, and vanilla extract and stir together until well combined.
- Then add your avocado. Make sure to mash your avocado well and blend well with your mixture, otherwise you will be left with little green chunks!
- Pour your mixture into a well greased baking dish and cook at 350F for 25 mins or until you can stick a fork in the middle and remove cleanly.