Sometimes my family goes on strike and demands “non-blog” food. In other words, they want an old stand-by; something that they are used to and love. I often rely on stroganoff for an easy meal. I don’t usually use a recipe. Occasionally, I will look at one, to see if I can improve the old stand by. Here is my recipe or method or whatever you want to call it.
1. Info for Easy Beef Stroganoff
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb meat…hamburger, thinly sliced beef, ground turkey, browned
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream or seasoned dip
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough milk to thin to desired consistency
- sometimes I add an envelope of onion soup mix…it’s a good add.
- After browning the meat, drain.
- Throw all of the other ingredients into the pan.
- Cook and stir over medium until bubbly.
- Serve over noodles, pasta, rice, barley, potatoes, millet, couscous or toast.
4. Tips and advices:
- To make this gluten free, skip the cream soup and onion soup mix. Use fresh onion and mushrooms cooked after meat is drained. Use 1 cup beef broth and an extra ½ cup sour cream or dip in place of cream soup.