I need quick fixes. Time gets away from me ALL of the Time. I’ll be on the computer or spending time with my kids and then WHAM it’s dinner time. That’s why I love this Homemade Gravy Mix. AND it’s gluten-free.
I have made this mix with both beef and chicken flavor. Both work well. It takes fifteen minutes or less to put together this mix. That quick mixing time saves gobs of time down the road, too. If you don’t have pan drippings to make up a totally homemade gravy, then by all means, use this mix! Or better yet, combine the two.
I’m a big fan of reusing containers. I buy rice in these cute plastic canisters. After the rice is gone, they make the perfect storage container for homemade mixes. I use them for brownie mix, gravy mix, cake mix, dry bean and lentil storage and for anything else I can think of!!
1. Info for Homemade Gravy Mix
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Homemade Gravy Mix
- 1 jar instant bouillon powder (chicken or beef ) Herb Ox brand is gluten-free.
- 1½ cups cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for chicken or beef gravy mix.
- Store in an air tight container.
- To make:
- Use ¼ cup of mix to 1 cup water.
- Whisk mix into the water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.