I suppose everyone has their own version of tuna casserole. It’s frugal and yet usually quite tasty. This is my favorite way to make it and it’s going to be tonight’s dinner. I never buy American cheese unless I am making this. Odd, I know, but we do not like the texture on sandwiches. I make grilled cheese sandwiches with the leftover cheese.
1. Info for Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 can tuna
- 1 can mushroom pieces
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Velveeta or American cheese, sliced
- frozen peas
- Prepare noodles as directed.
- Toss in a greased deep casserole dish with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Top noodles with sliced cheese.
- Set aside.
- In saucepan, combine tuna, mushrooms, soup and enough milk or water to make a creamy thick sauce.
- Heat until simmering.
- Add peas.
- Pour tuna mixture over noodles in casserole dish.
- Top with more cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees until cheese melts and sauce bubbles (about 25-30 minutes).