This Eggs With Balsamic Brussels Hash recipe isn’t necessarily the most attractive meal I’ve ever made but what it lacks in looks it makes up for in taste! It is really, really yummy!!
I had this meal as a late breakfast/early lunch and then used the remaining brussels later that night in my Rainbow Salad. The brussels are delicious on their own, as a side dish, or with a salad.
1. Info for Eggs With Balsamic Brussels Hash
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Servings: 1
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Eggs With Balsamic Brussels Hash
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 large bag of sliced brussels sprouts (10 ounces each) – I got mine at pre cut at Trader Joe’s
- olive oil
- garlic sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- balsamic glaze
- 1 large leaf of kale as a garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg.
- Place your brussels in a large ziplock bag with a drizzle of olive oil. Seal the bag and toss until coated. Place your brussels onto the baking dish and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper, garlic sea salt, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Eggs With Balsamic Brussel Hash
- Bake your veggies for about 10-15 mins, stirring once, until brussles are brown on the edges.
- Switch the oven to ‘Broil’ and remove the tray from the oven.
- Put your brussels in a saute pan over med-high heat on the stovetop and create a “hole” to place your eggs. Crack your eggs into the pan and cook for about 2 mins.
- Once again, drizzle your veggies with balsamic glaze and then place on the top shelf to broil for just a few minutes, watching carefully, until your veggies are nice and browned/slightly charred and your eggs are slightly firm. I like my eggs slightly runny so I leave them in for a little less time.
- You can serve it right out of the pan or serve onto plates using a spatula. Garnish with finely chopped kale.
4. Tips and advices:
- I actually doubled the amount of brussels sprouts so that I would have left overs to use later. I almost always double or triple my recipes so that I can have left overs during the week and not have to worry about making something from scratch each day!