I have been uber busy completing my third ebook (available next week!!) all about healthy kids! All the cooking, writing, and photographing has left me with little time for anything else so I thought I’d give you a glimpse at what my typical meals look like when I’m super busy!
I don’t usually cook when my schedule is crazy like this. Instead, I “put things together”. This simply means that I go to the grocery store and stock up on staples. For me that includes:
- raw veggies for snacking
- sprouted bread, like Ezekiel bread
- greens or sprouts
- cooked rotisserie chicken
Things that are already prepared and can be placed together to create a meal. With this grocery list I can easily make avocado toast, vegan sandwiches, omelettes, fried egg sandwiches, veggies and dip, and chicken and steamed veggies.
Today my “recipe” was an easy open faced sandwich that took me about 5 mins to put together and maybe even less time to eat!
1. Info for Southwestern Style Open Faced Sandwich
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Servings: 1
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Southwestern Style Open Faced Sandwich
- Food For Life sprouted English muffins
- hummus – I’m really loving the spicy hatch chile pepper hummus we have locally at Central Market but any kind will do!
- salsa – I used the Serrano Salsa from Trader Joe’s, you can find it in the refrigerated section.
- Simply toast your English muffin, smear with hummus, then top with avocado slices and salsa. That’s it! Super easy but really filling, nutritious, and absolutely DELICIOUS!!
4. Tips and advices:
- You can create several variations of this recipe by adding roasted veggies on top and/or a fried egg would be delicious too!