The first dessert I made in our new Florida home was a fresh peach pie made with Georgia peaches. This is one of my family’s favorite pies and I was surprised to find that I had not posted this recipe before. Of course, being me, I made it later in the day than I’d hoped and so it wasn’t quite cool when I cut into it. Have you ever cut into a warm pie?
I am still playing around with the lighting in my new surroundings. I have a slightly skewed East-West exposure. By mid afternoon, the light is just about right on my dining room table, but the lighting in my kitchen is ghastly. One fluorescent light on a cathedral ceiling that doesn’t even hit all of my counter space…is less than what I had hoped for. Thank goodness this recipe works, no matter how good your lighting may be!
1. Info for Fresh Peach Pie
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fresh Peach Pie
- 1 baked pie shell
- 5 peaches, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- whipped cream, as desired
- Slice 3 of the peaches into bottom of pie.
- Slice the other 2 peaches into a saucepan and combine them with the sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Stir as you bring it to a boil and the mixture is glossy and thick. ‘
- Remove from heat and add the flavoring and butter.
- Pour on top of the sliced peaches and refrigerated at least 2 hours or until cooled all the way through.
- Serve with whipped cream.