These muffins make a great breakfast, snack or dessert. The fruit and whole wheat flour keeps them feeling slightly less indulgent than a piece of cake. My husband has taught all of my sons to put butter on all muffins except the huge Costco kind. So, I am pretty well resigned to the fact that no matter how sweet or savory any muffin I make, the boys will be grabbing a knife to cut them and slather on the butter. There is nothing in fall like pumpkin dishes or apple dishes. Combining the two seemed like a double dose of my favorite season. I never realized how much I loved Autumn until I moved to a really warm climate. The onset of cool weather in October is such a blessed relief. Breaking out the stored boxes of sweaters is like getting a whole new wardrobe. Being able to bake whenever I feel like it because we like the extra heat from the kitchen is an added bonus.
1. Info for Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- 2½ cups flour (white or wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups peeled, finely chopped apples
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.