This pie is the reason my pumpkinpalooza fell flat on its face. My “keep it simple, don’t change anything” husband rebelled at the thought of frozen pumpkin pie. I should have called it something else like “frozen autumn pie” or maybe “it’s too hot to cook and yes it’s pumpkin in July pie.” But I was foolish. I called it pumpkin and as a result, everything hit the fan.
I really wanted an option for folks celebrating Thanksgiving in warmer climates like, say, Florida. It’s a balmy 65 degrees outside while I am writing this, but the weather man is calling for 70+ degree weather on Thanksgiving. Now, in comparison to 95+degree summers, that’s cool, but a little frozen treat wouldn’t be bad.
1. Info for Frozen Pumpkin Pie
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Frozen Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping
- 1 small pkg instant vanilla or butterscotch pudding, unmade
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 graham cracker crust (if making homemade, save a smidge for garnish)
- Soften whipped topping.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (don’t make the pudding, use it dry).
- Spoon into graham cracker crust.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.