Key lime pie, key lime fudge, key lime cupcakes. Will the world every have enough key lime recipes?
I. Do. Not. Think. So!
When my son celebrated his 16th birthday in October and asked for a key lime dessert instead of a cake, I opted for individual Key Lime Cheesecake Parfaits. They went together in a snap. No baking, just chillin’. I actually kept the three elements separate in the fridge until it was time to eat them, so the graham crumbs wouldn’t get soggy.
I cannot believe I have two boys that drive now. Actually, neither of them have their licenses yet. We made a rule when they were young that they had to meet a few requirements before they could drive alone. My eldest chose not to meet them, so he has had to wait until his eighteenth birthday next week to get his driver’s license. My second son, whether motivated to one up his brother or to make his parents proud is on track to get his license by summer. Oh the insurance bills!
1. Info for Key Lime Cheesecake Parfait
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Key Lime Cheesecake Parfait
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup key lime juice
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- With a mixer, combine condensed milk, cream cheese, lime juice and food coloring until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine crumbs and butter until the consistency of wet sand.
- Set aside.
- In a third bowl, beat cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Continue to beat until it reach desired thickness.
- To assemble, alternately layer lime filling and crumbs in glasses.
- Top with whipped cream.