I won a couple of boxes of gluten-free stuffing mix and didn’t want to use it with a bird. Go figure; me not wanting to follow the norm. Instead, I decided I wanted to make a strata. As a gluten-free eater, I often miss foods from my youth. Bread pudding and strata weren’t things my mom made, but I made them as a young adult. They were frugal and filling and when you are a poor married couple, those are two great adjectives to use when describing a meal. So with a nostalgic mindset, I whipped up this sausage strata. It was so good, the whole family devoured it. I should note that the company that made the original stuffing mix no longer makes it. At the time of this post Glutino, Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods have their own versions, though.
1. Info for Gluten Free Sausage Strata
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gluten Free Sausage Strata
- 1 pound sausage, sweet or spicy
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bag gluten free stuffing mix (you can totally use regular if gluten-free isn’t your thing)
- 8 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Cook the sausage in a skillet with the onion.
- Mix in the stuffing mix and pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Combine the eggs and milk with a whisk.
- Pour over the sausage mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Let sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.