Gluten-free spaetzle are a rustic Eastern European pasta.
I grew up eating spaeztle. My father is mostly German with just a smidgen of Irish. Those German cooks in my family passed down certain recipes that came from the Old Country. When my dad married my completely non-German mother, he insisted that his mom teach her how to make spaeztle.
My kids and husband all love regular spaeztle, but I was seriously missing them with my gluten intolerance. So, with determination, I attacked the recipe and came up with this gluten-free version. I was pretty pleased with the results. Remember to drizzle lots of butter over the cooked pasta. It’s the only way.
1. Info for Gluten Free Spaetzle
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 339 kcal
2. Ingredients for Gluten Free Spaetzle
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- ⅓ cup sweet rice flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- enough milk to moisten dough to a really thick paste
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoon into gently boiling water.
- When the pastas float, they are done.
- Serve with butter (or gravy).