Since going gluten free over a year ago, I have learned that I am more of a feeder than an eater. I don’t often cook for my own eating pleasure and I rarely bake for myself anymore. I get more of a kick from watching people eat and enjoy my food than I do from eating it myself. This dish is a great illustration of just that point. I can’t eat it at all, but my family simply goes ga-ga when I tell them I am making “that garlic ravioli.” They eat it with gusto and then fight over the leftovers.
The best thing about this dish is how easy it is to make. There is no real sauce. The pasta is a convenience food. I can whip this up in less than half an hour. The only problem is that I have to plan to make this because I rarely buy frozen pasta. My fourth son asks for this dish every year for his birthday and a couple of times in between. So with him around, the family never need fear that I will forget to make Garlic Ravioli!
1. Info for Gussied Up Ravioli
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gussied Up Ravioli
- 1 pound frozen ravioli or other cheese filled pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with olive oil in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients and gently toss again to evenly coat.