This is a super popular recipe. I make it all year round, but the balls are fun to make for goodie plates during the holidays, especially if you add coloring to the marshmallow mix!
1. Info for Holiday Gift Idea: Popcorn Balls
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Holiday Gift Idea: Popcorn Balls
- 8 quarts popped popcorn (you can use microwave popcorn, but it’s cheaper to make up bulk)
- 4 sticks butter
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2⅔ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- food color, if desired
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir constantly until it boils and then continue for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and coloring if desired.
- In a huge, mega sized bowl, combine the popped corn and the mini marshmallows.
- Pour the hot butter mixture over the popcorn and stir until completely covered.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- Butter your hands and form into balls, about the size of racquet balls.
- Place the popcorn balls onto waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Wrap in plastic wrap when cooled.